• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X now $55!

You are way off base with that statement. I sold my original iPhone for more than I paid for it, and I just sold my old 3G iPhone on ebay for $255.00. iPhones really hold their value as well as any Mac computer I've ever owned...

The price you paid was with a 2 year agreement. The price you sold it for was contract free. A contract free iPhone is valued around $600. SO while they paid more than you did they most likely paid way under the new contract free price.

I just bought a Droid Incredible and could sell it for twice what I paid to someone because for them it would be contract free.

Upvote 0
You are way off base with that statement. I sold my original iPhone for more than I paid for it, and I just sold my old 3G iPhone on ebay for $255.00. iPhones really hold their value as well as any Mac computer I've ever owned...

eBay / Craigslist are great places to sell used phones. I sold my nearly 3 year old LG Dare in January for $150, a Eris with a bad ESN for $190 (full disclosure in the listing), and my used Eris on Craigslist for $200 in June (same as I paid for it 6 months earlier). People will pay extra to stay "off contract" with cell providers. So ANY phone will hold it's value under those circumstances.

I still stand by my original statement. And to clarify, I was talking about buying from Apple, not eBay, etc. You will pay the same for any Apple product from day 1 to day 365 of the life cycle. They only time they drop prices is when they come out with a new version that incrementally adds "features" to the device. And they seem to withhold those features so they can sell new and improved models year after year. Good for business, bad for the consumer. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones