• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X only boots into Bootloader

Hey guys. Not sure what's going with my phone. I was running the rooted OTA and my gallery froze up. I pulled my battery and when my phone booted up, it was sitting in the bootloader screen. I tried a few more times but nothing worked. I even went into stock recovery and wiped data to no avail. I figured that I might need to SBF back to Froyo but even once that was completed, it went straight back into the bootloader. Has anyone ever seen this or have any advice?

Thanks! :)

Oh, another thing. On a whim, I tried installing the official GB update.zip from my SD card in stock recovery and I'm getting the following error:

E: Can't find MISC:
.Finding update package...
E: Can't mount dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(No such file or directory)
E: Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborted
E: Can't mount CACHE:recovery.log
E: Can't find MISC:

Upvote 0
You used the 4th SBF file listed in this guide called the Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)? It might appear on other sites as simply VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.

Other .340 SBFs may not full images. It sounds like you know what you are talking about, but we have to start at the basics because it is usually something simple causing the issue.

Upvote 0
You used the 4th SBF file listed in this guide called the Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 Full (VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01)? It might appear on other sites as simply VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01.

Other .340 SBFs may not full images. It sounds like you know what you are talking about, but we have to start at the basics because it is usually something simple causing the issue.

Yup. In fact, it was the same image file on my computer that I used to SBF back from leaked versions of GB before. In any event, I ended up taking it to the VZW store and they shipped a replacement out to me so all is good. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones