• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DroidMod vs Froyo

Droidmaniac

Jan 21, 2010
Wow... been away for tooooooooo long!! I got transferred to west Texas where there was NO VERIZON. All I had was dial-up.

I forgot how painfully s-l-o-w dialup was. I'd log into gmail and have to come back 20 minutes later to see if the page finished loading just to check email.

Dayum!

Anyway, could anyone be so kind as to sum up what's happened in the last several weeks with Froyo? I've still got DroidMod (yeah, I know.) and would like to know if it's worth ditching once and for all and going non-root, and wait for my Froyo update.

I just spent about an hour trying to get caught up on the threads and feel like I'm going in circles.

Any help, guidance, advice, would be appreciated, big time!

Reactions: Droidmaniac
Upvote 0
Ditch Droidmod! If you still have them, your still running 2.1. Froyo (2.2) is so much quicker, plus you have the ability to put a flash player on your Droid now. Oh and just so you know, there are lots of new apps that can help you now to, easy root (it can root or unroot) your Droid for you with a simple press of a button. Rom Manager, it can flash your recovery, you can download roms, kernels, and do a few other nifty things with it. But yeah, IMO, lose droidmod and move on to bigger and better things.

Reactions: Droidmaniac
Upvote 0
If I use ROM Mnager, flash to Droid 2.2 -- same thing?

Since you have Droid mod .... I bet you have rom manager also. If not just get it from the market. The paid version is well worth it. IMHO I like jrummys Lithium Mod rom. It runs very well and has 15 themes and many kernel options all in one easy step :) I like simple.

Sounds to me like all you gots to do is Flash some Froyo goodness !!! don't forget the sprinkles ... lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones