DroidMod vs Froyo

Last Updated:

1. Droidmaniac

Droidmaniac Active Member This Topic's Starter

Wow... been away for tooooooooo long!! I got transferred to west Texas where there was NO VERIZON. All I had was dial-up.

I forgot how painfully s-l-o-w dialup was. I'd log into gmail and have to come back 20 minutes later to see if the page finished loading just to check email.

Dayum!

Anyway, could anyone be so kind as to sum up what's happened in the last several weeks with Froyo? I've still got DroidMod (yeah, I know.) and would like to know if it's worth ditching once and for all and going non-root, and wait for my Froyo update.

I just spent about an hour trying to get caught up on the threads and feel like I'm going in circles.

Any help, guidance, advice, would be appreciated, big time!

Advertisement
  2. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Droidmaniac likes this.
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Ditch Droidmod! If you still have them, your still running 2.1. Froyo (2.2) is so much quicker, plus you have the ability to put a flash player on your Droid now. Oh and just so you know, there are lots of new apps that can help you now to, easy root (it can root or unroot) your Droid for you with a simple press of a button. Rom Manager, it can flash your recovery, you can download roms, kernels, and do a few other nifty things with it. But yeah, IMO, lose droidmod and move on to bigger and better things.

Droidmaniac likes this.
  4. Droidmaniac

Droidmaniac Active Member This Topic's Starter

If I use ROM Mnager, flash to Droid 2.2 -- same thing?

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Since you have Droid mod .... I bet you have rom manager also. If not just get it from the market. The paid version is well worth it. IMHO I like jrummys Lithium Mod rom. It runs very well and has 15 themes and many kernel options all in one easy step :) I like simple.

Sounds to me like all you gots to do is Flash some Froyo goodness !!! don't forget the sprinkles ... lol