• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droidwall LOG not functional

Status
Not open for further replies.

QSchachi

Lurker
Mar 29, 2011
Hi,

I've installed Virtuous ROM v1.0.1 using Virtuous standard kernel (2.6.32.21-virtuous-vision-standard-v2.1.2) on my DesireZ but now it seems that the LOG functionality of DROIDWALL isn't functional anymore. If I tap "Show Log" in Droidwall it is always empty and yes the LOG is enabled :).

But it makes it very difficult to configure DROIDWALL correctly without LOG.

Is there anyone else who encountered this issue?

After some research it seems the LOG target isn't working properly (see Linux Packet Filtering and iptables - LOG target options)

Please help!
Thanks!!!

Hi,

can anyone try the droidwall logging feature with the Virtuous standard and advanced kernel (2.6.32.21-virtuous-vision-standard/advanced-v2.2.0)?

Its very simple the reproduce. I thing you allready have root on your G2/DesireZ. Then install droidwall from the market, enable logging and block a application which surly want to access the internet. After that open droidwall and press menu->more->show log. With the virtuous kernels the log is always empty!

This is a very anoying bug if the log of the firewall is not working :-/

With the Stock kernel the droidwall log works fine, so please add the missing feature to the next virtuous kernel release.

The whole virtuous ROM is great Im using it quite long and im impressed of the work you guys have done!!! :)

Best regards
QSchachi

Upvote 0
hello,

can anyone try the droidwall logging feature with the Virtuous standard and advanced kernel (2.6.32.21-virtuous-vision-standard/advanced-v2.2.0)?
Stock is working, standard/advanced not.
Rom: 1.0.2 Kernel 2.2.0

The whole virtuous ROM is great Im using it quite long and im impressed of the work you guys have done!!! :)
Agree! :D

greetings from germany

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones