• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropbox issue

jwhitens

Lurker
Mar 1, 2015
I have a Samsung galaxy 3 10.1 tablet and I am trying to get offline files to open that is in Dropbox. The files show in Dropbox on my tablet but when I try to open the file I get the message "please download an app that can open this file". Does anyone know what app it is I need to open the offline files. any help with this is appreciated.

Those are Hypertext Markup Language files. The link below gives more information. In s nutshell, they are plain text files and you should be able to view them in a browser or text viewer/editor. File managers such as File Explorer or ES File Explorer have viewer/editors that should work.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextensions/f/htm-file.htm

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
X-plore as well.

ES File Explorer is great for a lot of things but not Dropbox access. Your login credentials don't go directly to Dropbox with ES, they go to the ES server in China first.

I've personally verified that, contacted them, they corrected it and said some new guy did it.

Then they added it back and floated word that they did some routing to get around the Great Firewall in China.

My Aunt Fanny they did.

Avoid Dropbox with ES. ;)

Upvote 0
Those are Hypertext Markup Language files. The link below gives more information. In s nutshell, they are plain text files and you should be able to view them in a browser or text viewer/editor. File managers such as File Explorer or ES File Explorer have viewer/editors that should work.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextensions/f/htm-file.htm
I'm sorry Crashdamage, I gave you the wrong extension for my files. The extension on my files is .MHT not HTM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones