• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dropped signal on boost

janathan

Jul 24, 2011
Hello,

I am on boostmobile, with boost PRL. in Maryland. getting dropped signal 8-10 times around 6-9 pm. it started only recently about 3-4 weeks ago (i tried sprint PRL at that time, but now updated back to boost PRL).

Interestingly i have noticed that, when i have turned wifi on, the signal bars are all green and 80-100% strength. as soon as i turn off wifi and phone goes to 3G, it starts to drop signals and make that dropped signal sounds (signal bars also turn white with a small cross).

Any ideas?

Hello,

I am on boostmobile, with boost PRL. in Maryland. getting dropped signal 8-10 times around 6-9 pm. it started only recently about 3-4 weeks ago (i tried sprint PRL at that time, but now updated back to boost PRL).

Interestingly i have noticed that, when i have turned wifi on, the signal bars are all green and 80-100% strength. as soon as i turn off wifi and phone goes to 3G, it starts to drop signals and make that dropped signal sounds (signal bars also turn white with a small cross).

Any ideas?

Have you tried going to a different city or town to see if it's just the cell tower close to your home that's having issues?

Upvote 0
It's most likely the cell tower by you having issues then. I would complain. I had a similar issue a couple of months ago and complained on Boost's facebook. They asked for my zipcode and stuff and told me my cell tower was being upgraded and it will have issues for a couple of days. Long story short nothing but problems for around 2 weeks and then it was finally fixed.

Upvote 0
yeah i called boost last night.....first they tried to send some update on my phone...which didnt work...then asked me to update profile then PRL, which ofcourse didnt work... escalated to tech service.....the man told me that the tower is being repaired near my area.....but no idea when.....
i hope soon.....
thanks for the reply :)

Upvote 0
Getting lots of dropped calls and/or no signal strength bars for the last 5 days. Boost tech says problems may be because sprint is going to 4G and is upgrading their network.

Anyone else having problems with Boost?

I live in blue island bro I haven't had any issues with dropped calls.I am currently updated baseband and all to 2.3.6,i dont have any issues,& i updated manually,then flashed CWM so i could root the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones