• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Dual boot custom roms Xperia Play R800i

eraoof

Mar 16, 2012
Ireland
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to Dual Boot custom Roms onto the Xperia Play? I'm looking to essentially create a partition where i can boot custom Roms without having to flash, unflash then flash again. I did try searching EVERYWHERE for the answers but couldn't find a single thing. A noob-friendly guide would be lovely or even a good tutorial video would be heaven. I saw that BootManager does this but is not supported on the Xperia Play R800i, neither are most of the apps doing this. Yet all these people are managing to dual boot custom Roms, it mustn't be as hard as I'm making it out to be right? Please I am nearing the end of my tether, any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to Dual Boot custom Roms onto the Xperia Play? I'm looking to essentially create a partition where i can boot custom Roms without having to flash, unflash then flash again. I did try searching EVERYWHERE for the answers but couldn't find a single thing. A noob-friendly guide would be lovely or even a good tutorial video would be heaven. I saw that BootManager does this but is not supported on the Xperia Play R800i, neither are most of the apps doing this. Yet all these people are managing to dual boot custom Roms, it mustn't be as hard as I'm making it out to be right? Please I am nearing the end of my tether, any help would be much appreciated.

Dual boot is currently not working on the Xperia Play.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones