• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Duplicate Contact Info

Seen a lot of questions on it, but no answers. I swapped out a broken phone for a new one of the same model (Sony Xperia X10), and now I have a Phone Contact, and a Google synced contact for all my entries. How do I clean this up without going thru the whole list and manually editing?

On my Photon running Gingerbread I can hit menu while in the contacts list and choose which contacts to show. You could choose to show only Google contacts if you wish.

Alternatively, if you feel like spending a few minutes on it (won't take long) you can merge the duplicates. Just start editing a contact, hit menu, choose join, choose the duplicate. This guarantees you have all the right info.

Personally, I synced with my Facebook friends and merged my Google contacts with them, then chose to hide all contacts without phone numbers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones