1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

e-mail subject doesn't match e-mail body

Last Updated:

1. MonacoMan

MonacoMan New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Motorola Droid running Android version 2.2. Every so often I will receive email on my Droid from a POP3 account where the subject line does not match the body of the e-mail. For example I will receive on my Droid an e-mail from Amazon confirming order shipment but the body of the e-mail will be an advertisement from Hertz, HP, etc. The Amazon e-mail body is not shown. If I look in Gmail online it is fine so this so this is only on the Droid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I take it this is NOT a gmail account. Are you using the stock email on the Droid or something else? And, how do you have your gmail account setup to receive the POP3 account?

3. westside

westside Well-Known Member

I have had this problem as well but not only with 2.2. My fix is to remove and re-add the email account. I have to do this regularly anyways because I can't select-all delete my trash folder and it gets too big.

-e

MonacoMan likes this.
  4. ibm650

ibm650 Member

use k9 mail, the included email never worked for me

5. MonacoMan

MonacoMan New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the responses. I deleted the items in my trash folder (600 items) and that seemed to fix the problem.