Earbud buttons?

Last Updated:

1. Karkas

Karkas Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using an iPhone 3G for the past few years and am feeling the upgrade bug. I'm sick of the apple ecosystem and would like to make a move to android, but I've become addicted to apple's ear bud buttons to answer calls & start/pause audio playback. Since I am pretty much always listening to an audiobook or podcast I don't think I can live without this feature.

I've read reviews about new phones but there is generally little to no mention about their mp3 player abilities & if their ear buds have this button feature. Is this just an apple thing or do some other phones have it without the hoopla?

Advertisement
  2. Dezzer

Dezzer Member

HTC Desire has those. nice black buds with play/pause/call answer, ffwd and rrewd. some people say they're not great buds but i like 'em and prefer them over the apple cans. plus they come with litle sponges to keep them in your ears better.

3. Karkas

Thanks

Are there any other devices too or is it just this?

And would my Klipsch-S4i work on it?

4. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

same w/ the nexus one, nice play/pause/answer call and fwd and rwd. The earbuds are actually pretty decent quality.

i don't know if your klipsch would work.

5. Karkas

Man, I've been looking at all my local carriers and none of them seems to be selling it... Is it offered without a contract like the nexus1?? I cant shell out $500+ for a phone....