• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy way to forward yahoo mail to gmail without paying for yahoo plus

I have two questions. First, if POP and Forwarding are enabled, couldn't you simply set up a pop account on the phone... thus bypassing the forwarding to gmail?

Secondly, if you forward to gmail then don't you loose the ability to send from your yahoo address? Or is this just a fix to receive yahoo over wifi... and it is still necessary to be in 3G to send?

Upvote 0
This still works. Just did this and it works great. If you want your mail to be sent from @yahoo.com on your phone, make sure you send the email from your yahoo email program on the phone, NOT the gmail one. The yahoo email I keep strictly for sending my emails and the gmail program for receiving my mail. Kind of a pain, but the ability to keep my yahoo email AND get notifications, in real time, on my phone is well worth it. It's a shame yahoo gets shafted on the android devices but this is a clevar, free, way around it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones