Easy way to forward yahoo mail to gmail without paying for yahoo plusTips

Last Updated: 2011-11-17 04:11:22
  1. montero1dfw

montero1dfw Member

Advertisement
    WormDoes, buffalo, erikivy and 3 others like this.
  2. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

i had to edit this beacuse i found the newbie thread to ask in. :)
  3. litleclay

litleclay Active Member

This works...I switched over a few days ago. Pretty happy about it too.
  4. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

This should be a sticky and it helped me a lot plus it would help.all the moons complaining about yahoo...

Bump
  5. JulieJHawk

JulieJHawk Active Member

Yea! Thanks.
  6. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

I have two questions. First, if POP and Forwarding are enabled, couldn't you simply set up a pop account on the phone... thus bypassing the forwarding to gmail?

Secondly, if you forward to gmail then don't you loose the ability to send from your yahoo address? Or is this just a fix to receive yahoo over wifi... and it is still necessary to be in 3G to send?
  7. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

This still works. Just did this and it works great. If you want your mail to be sent from @yahoo.com on your phone, make sure you send the email from your yahoo email program on the phone, NOT the gmail one. The yahoo email I keep strictly for sending my emails and the gmail program for receiving my mail. Kind of a pain, but the ability to keep my yahoo email AND get notifications, in real time, on my phone is well worth it. It's a shame yahoo gets shafted on the android devices but this is a clevar, free, way around it
  8. thematrix

thematrix Active Member

Great solution. Like my yahoo mail and this is a great way of still receiving it, but just getting it all in one place.
  9. twopint32oz

twopint32oz Member

When I was using it, I found that my emails that were going to my yahoo account was literally forwarded, meaning I did not have a single new email on my yahoo account.

Since my yahoo account is my main email, I had to stop the forwarding.
  10. Leslie K

Leslie K New Member

Hi and thank you to montero1dfw for this great tip. Only it does not work for me. Using Windows 7, maybe because of this?
    Thanks for an answer
  11. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

There is a yahoo app in the market that you can check your mail with
  12. Hobbit Shado

Hobbit Shado New Member

I ran across this thread while trying to forward the 2011 Yahoo! Mail to my MobileMe account (I'm not starting a discussion over OS's).

Since it's no longer as easy as clicking "Return to Yahoo! Classic", are there any ideas as to what I should do?