• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy ways to improve HTC Wildfire speed

When I change resolution like you did and after that when open Drag Racing apk a get this masage "You must have AdActivityManifest.xml with configChange"...what to do? thx

Oh thats not a problem with you changing screen resolution, its a file which is in the apk itself, maybe uninstall and reinstall the app that should work
When i changed the screen resolution nothing like that happened at all

Upvote 0
It sems.I also have same problem and have same rom
CyanogenMod7
and meybe it is ON by
CyanogenMod?I think screen respod better after flash

HTC wildfire

Its not on CyanogenMod, im currently using it and i havent found it or anything which could be similar, if you look at my previous post i said that it had been removed :)

Upvote 0
So from the start of this post I understood that Cyanongen Mod 7 with ADW Launcher cannot be used to change resolution. But what about installing LauncherPro on the phone? Will it give us the option to change resolution?

Good question personally I havent tried it out but i doubt it would work since that display resolution was under settings for a stock HTC ROM, and the settings for CyanogenMod are different so I doubt it would work but its worth a shot ill try it today

Upvote 0
I cant find Display resolution at all :S

Hey again Destiny :)
Are you using CyanogenMod?? If you are then sorry you cant change display resolution, the system assets of AOSP ROMs (CyanogenMod, Oxygen) are different to (HTC) Sense Roms.

Display Resolution comes under 'Settings', CyanogenMod & Sense ROMs have different settings (because they are almost entirely different ROMs)

With sense ROMs you are able to change display resolution
If you dont have one then you cant do it

Upvote 0
Since you seem to be very knowledgeable about this phone, maybe you can help me. I have done all the steps above. I have moved my downloaded apps to my SD card and keep texts deleted, yet it still tells me I have low memory, I have only downloaded a couple app, maybe 5, and sometimes I cant even listen to the song I downloaded because it says my memory is too low. Also, I cannot send via text, any ringtones to anyone else, it tells me its too big, and its NOT!!! WHy is my phone doing this!? I have only had it 6 days... Please help me! thank you! ~Amanda

Upvote 0
Since you seem to be very knowledgeable about this phone, maybe you can help me. I have done all the steps above. I have moved my downloaded apps to my SD card and keep texts deleted, yet it still tells me I have low memory, I have only downloaded a couple app, maybe 5, and sometimes I cant even listen to the song I downloaded because it says my memory is too low. Also, I cannot send via text, any ringtones to anyone else, it tells me its too big, and its NOT!!! WHy is my phone doing this!? I have only had it 6 days... Please help me! thank you! ~Amanda

I actually leave my texts, ive got like 5000+ and my Wildfire doesnt take that much time opening the message app
Anyways...

1) Your Low Memory problem
-> Have you cleared your cache, using Apps 2 SD
-> Have you checked what apps are actually stored on your internal memory? Some might have like 5MB of data stored, you could clear data but it depends if you need the data

2) Your text problem
-> Wait so how much internal memory do you have? When i had low memory i could still text, hmm weird...
Check if you still have your service centre number
[Open messages]>Menu>Settings>[Scroll down to "SMS settings"]

3) Ringtone problem
-> Sorry but im kinda confused on that one, so your saying that you cant send ringtones because of the lack of space?? how did you try to send the songs, by bluetooth? Text attachment?

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding so quickly! Honestly.. I am a brand new smart phone owner.. I have had a cheap-o call and text only flip phone my whole life... ha!
For the ringtones thing.. when i select the ringtone I want to send, I try it as a text attachment, I do a new message, select person, then attachment-audio-music and sounds-then ringtone... the error i get is exactly this - message size limit reached- sorry you cannot attach this to your message. I have shortened the ringtone, tried different ones.. still get the same error... I will try your other steps you just told me to see if that helps my memory issues. Oh and where do I find out how much internal storage I have and how much is left? I couldnt have used it all up already!! I swear I have only downloaded a couple apps and I just counted, I have 4 songs...

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding so quickly! Honestly.. I am a brand new smart phone owner.. I have had a cheap-o call and text only flip phone my whole life... ha!
For the ringtones thing.. when i select the ringtone I want to send, I try it as a text attachment, I do a new message, select person, then attachment-audio-music and sounds-then ringtone... the error i get is exactly this - message size limit reached- sorry you cannot attach this to your message. I have shortened the ringtone, tried different ones.. still get the same error... I will try your other steps you just told me to see if that helps my memory issues. Oh and where do I find out how much internal storage I have and how much is left? I couldnt have used it all up already!! I swear I have only downloaded a couple apps and I just counted, I have 4 songs...

No problem
Ooh ok, lol ah i remember those phones :)
You see the message problem, i think there is a very low allowance of maximum file size, i tried it myself i got the same error, but it worked with ringtones with like 220kb of data, whilst the actual songs with 3MB didnt work.
Besides i wouldnt recommend sending songs via text message, only ringtones should be sent since its smaller, use bluetooth :)

To view your internal memory
[Menu]>Settings>[Scroll down to storage]
It should be there, i doubt youve used up to 145MB i think, you start with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones