• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

eBay bid crashed and burned...

I don't think anyone will get one as cheap as i did.. $300 off ebay.. that I/O attendee must not have known how much the phone even retails for lol..

Go to ebay, search evo, on the left hand side find where it says completed listings, then sort by lowest price sold and thats me :) lol no bragging intended (intentionally anyway)

Very nice!

Yeah, you got SUPER lucky... your seller didn't bother to gauge market value, which seems to be hovering around $550-650 right now.

I'm satisfied with the $600 I paid. It could have been better but at least I got it.

Upvote 0
I have been reading that Sprint isn't activating the Google IO ones on EXISTING accounts until 6/4 (they have DEMO accounts assigned to them). They did initially but they seem to have been halted. Keep that in mind before laying out the big bucks. This supposedly started Saturday night.

Personally I find those who are having issues, very hard to believe. The Google IO paperwork has a special dedicated #, and an blurb to call that number and they'll take care of you immediately. HTC.Evolution has a copy posted in his thread.

Others who are having issues haven't been clear if they've called the special number, or tried to go through normal customer care. They're even talking about activating online, which makes no sense to me, given the Google IO documentation clearly states to call the dedicated line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones