• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Ebay products, Battery, Charger, Case! O_o

Upvote 0
I just ordered the same combo. Should be here anyday. Dammit I hate waiting for shiat lol

Me too, hate waiting, feels like forever!

But at least the stuff wont be coming from Hong Kong, which would take even longer than ordering from that place in the US.

Post up when you get them! Cant wait for all this stuff, to fill my pockets with batteries! Yeeyyy!

Im gonna be like the Energizer bunny once I get those puppies!

Upvote 0
hey guys i got a question concerning the accessories (created a thread yesterday but no one responded).

i bought the galaxy off craigslist, and it didn't come with a battery door. been looking all over ebay and i dont' see any available. do the snap on cases work instead of the battery door, or do they go over the door (ie you don't take battery door out)? what options do i have, if there aren't any original doors available?

Upvote 0
hey guys i got a question concerning the accessories (created a thread yesterday but no one responded).

i bought the galaxy off craigslist, and it didn't come with a battery door. been looking all over ebay and i dont' see any available. do the snap on cases work instead of the battery door, or do they go over the door (ie you don't take battery door out)? what options do i have, if there aren't any original doors available?

Buy it here!

Bell Mobility - Accessories- Bell

Upvote 0
thanks, i noticed that.. but i'm not in canada, and i'm not sure they ship to outside of canada (they ask for region, and only have options for canadian regions).

Your only option would be something like this then?

3000mAh Extended Battery with cover Samsung GT-i9000 - eBay (item 390237789421 end time Oct-10-10 14:27:33 PDT)

http://cgi.ebay.com/EXTENDED-3000-BATTERY-SAMSUNG-GT-i9000-GT-i9000-NEW-/150494548333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item230a2c916d#ht_1632wt_1137

Upvote 0

Why don't you contact Samsung direct?

Hell I have even gone into a Tmobile store, and they have pulled accessories out of the box of the demo model and gave it to me. Vibrants come with more than one battery door so go into a Tmobile door and ask them if you could "buy" the spare door of the demo unit. Most likely they will just give it to you.

Upvote 0
I can't remember which post it was, but there was another thread that someone linked this battery and charger in, and I bought it at the start of this month, from the same sellers listed in the links in this OP. Took ~2 weeks to get here. Charger seems decent and works fine, has a red status light when battery is charging and turns blue when battery is fully charged. Battery can be inserted directly in the charger, or you can plug usb cable into the charger to charge the phone.

I bought 4 of the batteries. Upon inspection, I'm going to have to go with "very good knock-off", not genuine OEM, for the following reasons:

**On my battery that came with the phone, on the top of the battery (same edge that has the metal contacts) there is a short white strip that I can only assume is a water indicator strip. This is not present on the ebay batteries.

**The label itself on the battery is cut such that the gray label fits within the battery, with the dark gray casing of the battery forming a band along the top and bottom of the label. On the ebay batteries, the gray label extends all the way to the bottom of the battery.

**The stock battery has a 3D barcode located on the front-face of the label, in the lower right. The ebay batteries have no 3D barcode.

**The size of the font used for "SAMSUNG" and some of the other type on the front-face of the battery is slightly different between the two (ebay is smaller).

**The printed model/serial information on the bottom left of the front-face of the batteries on the ebay versions appear dark black and crisp, as if printed onto the label after the label was made, whereas on the stock battery the inking is matte in appearance as if printed during manufacture of the label as a single pass.

**On the back-face of the stock battery, toward the bottom center there is the CE logo left-of-center and two arrows circled around a 5 right-of-center. These two logo positions are swapped on the ebay battery.

**Stock battery is listed as "Made in China". Ebay battery is listed as "Made in Japan, Finished in China".

Other than the labeling differences, there is also a different molding pattern on the bottom edge of the battery housing itself. I don't have a precise enough scale, but I would also swear that the ebay battery feels just slightly lighter for some reason. Regardless, I charged the ebay batteries in the new charger, and they run the phone just fine. Just to be prudent, I will not charge them inside of the phone, but will keep them as a backup battery to swap in when I drain the stock battery, and recharge the stock battery in the phone at night. Despite differences noted above, performance for the products is more than adequate, and I would highly recommend them as being a great value for their cost.

Edit: Ahh, Here is the first post I was referring to. I am too lazy to post pictures of the batteries, however. Maybe when it isn't 2:46am :p

Upvote 0
So my shipment finally came in from Spider-Foot dot Com. I have to say I am very very very impressed with what I bought. I ordered two batteries with a charger. They also through in a micro-USB cable, neck lanyard, and cigarette lighter adapter. Overall I give the battery life on these batteries the same rating if not a little more than the stock Samsung battery. The battery charger charges one battery at a time, but there is also a USB port on the bottom of it so that you can charge the phone as well. I have to say waiting two weeks for it to come from Hong Kong for $11.99 was WORTH it. I would definitely buy from them again.

Upvote 0
So my shipment finally came in from Spider-Foot dot Com. I have to say I am very very very impressed with what I bought. I ordered two batteries with a charger. They also through in a micro-USB cable, neck lanyard, and cigarette lighter adapter. Overall I give the battery life on these batteries the same rating if not a little more than the stock Samsung battery. The battery charger charges one battery at a time, but there is also a USB port on the bottom of it so that you can charge the phone as well. I have to say waiting two weeks for it to come from Hong Kong for $11.99 was WORTH it. I would definitely buy from them again.

Wow thats really good. Im still waiting for that bundle.

Gonna be awesome to recieve it.

If anyone is curious, its this one.

http://www.spider-foot.com/2x-battery-usb-ac-wall-charger-car-charger-adapter-cable-for-samsung-captivate-vibrant-i9000-galaxy-s-gsi902b-p-735.html

Upvote 0
Can you give us a review of the spare battery and charger? I am looking into getting them but would like to know how it turned out for you all who got it. Thanks

Alright! I will tell you. BUY SOME!

I have been using them since I got them. The Ebay batteries last me almost if not the same as my official ones which came with the phone.

They get me by for 13 - 18 hours. With wifi turned on, medium brightness, web surfing, playing games etc.

Thats not bad at all considering the official ones last me the same.

I am going to be buying 2 more batteries, because its so worth it.

So happy I bought them. I will recommend the Ebay batteries to anyone.

Hands down the best for the buck.

Upvote 0
Alright! I will tell you. BUY SOME!

I have been using them since I got them. The Ebay batteries last me almost if not the same as my official ones which came with the phone.

They get me by for 13 - 18 hours. With wifi turned on, medium brightness, web surfing, playing games etc.

Thats not bad at all considering the official ones last me the same.

I am going to be buying 2 more batteries, because its so worth it.

So happy I bought them. I will recommend the Ebay batteries to anyone.

Hands down the best for the buck.

I would like to buy the exact same ones you bought. Are they the ones you linked on your first post in the thread?

Also, how is the charger? I heard it takes a long time to charge (7-8 hours?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones