• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Edge Max] For those on Unlimited Data thru Verizon

For anyone that wants to keep unlimited data, you can use Verizon's Device Payment Plan. Cost of phone is spread out over 12 months. THIS IS NOT EDGE. I did it yesterday and got the G2 and I still have unlimited. I completely forgot about that option until it popped in my head yesterday morning.

I really wanted to do this but apparently they don't make new releases available for the device payment plan right away? Wasn't an option 3 weeks ago for the G2.

Upvote 0
So you're spreading full price payments over 12 months vs. 24 months with edge, correct? Any fees or interest added or is it a straight 0% for 12 months?

From the Verizon website:

• Finance charge of $24, which is just $2 per installment.
More details on Verizon's Device Payment Plan:
Verizon Device Payment Plan

Reactions: svensett
Upvote 0
So you're spreading full price payments over 12 months vs. 24 months with edge, correct? Any fees or interest added or is it a straight 0% for 12 months?

OT: How do you like the G2 and what did you replace with it?

I'm loving the G2. I've had the Gnex since it came out, it was time for it to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones