• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Edit kernel built-in modules with magiskboot: is it possible?

Olga00

Lurker
Jun 5, 2023
Hello!
Nice to be here!

If someone have expierence with editing android kernel built-in modules with magiskboot? It is a great tool. I could unpack ramdisk, but still can`t understand how to unpack kernel folder and edit built-in modules? Is it possible? If no, please, tell me what is the best (and easy) tool for building and flash new kernel. OS Android 12.

Thank you!

Model SM - A510F

lineage_a5xelte-userdebug 12 SQ3A.220605.009.A1 eng.html64.20220630.092914 dev-keys

I flashed custom OS and ElementalX - both from XDA. Kernel 3.10 But kernel include ipv6 and ipv6tunnel modules (sit0 interface). I need to delete this modules. I was searching a lot but I dont see how I can unpack kernel with magiskboot (only ramdisk). If the only way to do it - create custom module from source, please, let me know how to do it (or link on article)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones