• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Editing FT3 Build.prop File To Match My Phone

lfc4ever

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2011
If I edited the build.prop file lines:

ro.build.description=
ro.build.fingerprint=

So that they matched my phone (ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco), in theory I would be able to see all the apps my phone can and my tablet would appear in the list of phones that the app store can see as well?

Or am I missing something obvious?

I'll post this in apad.tv support as well.

If I edited the build.prop file lines:

ro.build.description=
ro.build.fingerprint=

So that they matched my phone (ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco), in theory I would be able to see all the apps my phone can and my tablet would appear in the list of phones that the app store can see as well?

Or am I missing something obvious?

I'll post this in apad.tv support as well.

Some people have had some success with this well known trick but there are equally well known problems.

Your tablet is not your phone, the hardware is different: Android version, screen size, screen density, RAM, sensors etc. so you will be offered apps that may not or will not work on your tablet. etc. etc. etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones