• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Editing song titles in default music player

luke1249

Lurker
Aug 2, 2010
Searched but couldn't find.

I downloaded an audio book to my Evo (with latest Android OS), and I want to make a playlist out of it (because the song titles are in different formats on each CD (they even get the title of the book wrong for one CD! "The Girl who Kicked A Hornet's Nest" instead of "THE Hornet's nest"), and they don't show up in order when I display them as an "album" or under the "artist's name" (and on another CD the "artist's name" is wrong: Larisson instead of Larsson!).

The problem is that the song title is too long and runs off the screen, so I don't know what song I'm looking at. Or even which CD since the "Disc 1" etc. thing is all the way to the right.

I really like the default music player because of the save screen function (meaning that when something is playing the very first screen that comes on when you turn on the phone is the music player screen). I tried another music player that didn't have this feature.

The best thing would be able to create and edit a playlist from my computer. Is this possible?

Any other recommendations? Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones