• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ee19 update, can i backup before update without root?

2acclaim

Sep 2, 2010
Ok I'm not rooted on my Mesmerize. I've thought about it a few times(especially when I had the acclaim) but I find this phone much more capable with the additional internal memory, so see little benefit in the way I use my phone.

So I'd like to apply the latest update from US Cell but would like to backup everything first just in case it decides to purge my phone of everything I have on it.

I'm not opposed to a quick root/unroot if it's a simple task, installing a backup software than unrooting if that's they way I have to do it(and as long as someone can guide me through the 10 easy steps of rooting your phone for backup).

So what can anyone tell me?

Glad it worked out for you. Let us know how the mini kies update performs over time. The EC10 mini kies update was a complete dumpster fire.

So far so good. I didn't experience a lot of the issues many were complaining about but I'm assuming there are other tweaks that are beneficial to how the system runs.

If I wasn't a such a chicken sh*t I'd root and install a 2.3 rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones