Eew. A Dead Pixel.Support

Last Updated:

1. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I do believe I noticed this when I first powered on the G1, but thought, eh.. maybe its link. Of course its not LINT.

My dead pixel is located DEAD center on the LCD, thoug about 3/4" to the left. It is white. And its very lonely. Luckily, I only have one. Or, so it seems.

Anyone else with dead pixels? Is there a screen check utility for stuck pixels?

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Can't say I've found one. *knocks on wood*

3. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

That's no good.

I've only been able to 'reverse' a dead, or stuck pixel once, but if you do a bit of googling, there are a few ways to at least attempt to fix them.

There are some good resources in the below link to attempt this. Also, be weary of some of the methods. It doesn't hurt to be a little bit cynical ;)

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

4. Flatman

Flatman Well-Known Member

crap...sorry man.

5. BigTuck

BigTuck Member

happened to me today actually, top right(ish) of my screen when holding it normally, but i downloaded that strobe light app and restarted it after i let it run for like 15 seconds and it doesnt seem to be there anymore...could be a fluke though, doesnt hurt to try

6. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would hope the LCD is covered by the warranty, providing its a manufacturers defect. I dont know if Tmo or HTC or google for that matter has a policy on dead pixels and what is considered acceptable versus intolerable, though in any event, there is an iphone pixel un-stucker, so I will try that, perhaps. If not, I will ask a Tmo rep.

7. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

I have an idea. Download the "strobe light" app and use it. Change colors every once ina while. See if you can remove a stuck pixel.

8. bonh

bonh Active Member

Take it back bro, i wouldn't waste my time. get a new one that works.

9. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

This dosn't seem to be a big problem with the G1 screens so i doubt you'll have much trouble with them swaping you a new one. Sucks though. But like life nothing can be perfect all the time.

Hell, your phone is so new you can always threaten to cancel your plan and force them to take back the phone. Its in their interest to fix the problem. :D

10. darus214

darus214 Member

i also have a dead pixel.....i think a lot of g1's came like that. its just1 pixel so it doesnt seem 2 bother me that much....but it still is kind of a dissapointment =/

11. BigTuck

BigTuck Member

anyone call tech support about this? my dead pixel is back after i thought it was gone, i can make it go away if i restart, but then it comes back... stobe light doesnt work with any color either