• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email App

Caveman_Jack

Lurker
Mar 5, 2015
Hi guys. I'm a little new to Android, and I'm looking for an email app to meet my needs; which are relatively few. Basically just a good clean interface, and the ability to access my work Office 365 account's address book without integrating with my device's contacts. There are literally 10,000+ names and addresses and I don't want them clogging my device contacts.

I understand why you choose Type, it is good. It's a little less capable than AquaMail, but that makes it simpler too.

But I need the functionality of AquaMail, and once you take the time to learn at least some of all the plethora of tricks it can do, you don't want to use anything else again. I'm addicted to it.

AquaMail has options for customization out the wazoo. In fact, AquaMail will do almost anything a desktop client can.

Last edited:
Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
I understand why you choose Type, it is good. It's a little less capable than AquaMail, but that makes it simpler too.

But I need the functionality of AquaMail, and once you take the time to learn at least some of all the plethora of tricks it can do, you don't want to use anything else again. I'm addicted to it.

AquaMail has options for customization out the wazoo. In fact, AquaMail will do almost anything a desktop client can.

OK Crash, I've always read your posts and was a fan, BUT NOW I HATE YOU!!!

After your reply to my post, I couldn't help myself. I spent my entire lunch hour satisfying that intense urge to change something that wasn't even broken. I used to use Aquamail and really liked it, then the urge to change came over me and I found (at the time) Blue Mail. I really liked it and was happy with its operation. I have just recently bought a new tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2) and so now the need to tinker is refreshed and new in my brain. Your little ditty on Aquamail was just enough to push me over the edge. I am now running Aqua on both my S4 and my Tab Pro. I hope you are happy with yourself. Wonder how long it will take me to get the urge to change to something else?

I really like the way Aqua looks on this new tablet. Thanks for the push.

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
Haters gonna hate...

Once you get the hang of it - and that's a little bit of work - AquaMail kills every other email client I've tried. So many options, some well hidden.

I've used AquaMail long enough I think I have a fair grasp of most things. Any questions please ask.

As soon as I quit hating you, I'm sure I'll be back.

Am liking what I see thus far.

BigRedGonzo

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
Nine is nice for exchange, but it just wasn't working for the way i process email. The developer didn't seem that they were going to implement my suggestion. Basically my complaint is that if i move a message from a synced folder to a non synced folder, the message remains in the all mail view. Seems dumb to me, but apparently I'm the only one who thinks so. The only way to get it out of all mail view is to do a full resync, which is a big pain. If i don't do that, my all mail view gets too large and is unmanageable.

Based on some of the posts here, i gave aqua another look and seems like it might work much better for me. Seems like the smart folder only shows mail in synced folders.

It doesn't support push for exchange with is a killer for many, but not me and calendar, out of office and similar more complex operations are handled much better in nine, so i will keep it on my phone if i ever need to do that, but i think my flow will be much better with aqua.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones