• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email in Captivate not alerting me

Jus10

Dec 30, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I searched to see if I could find if this has already been touched upon, and there's just a ton of threads to search through, so forgive me is this has already been addressed.

But the email on my Captivate has not been alerting me when I get an email. I use Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL, and the phone is set to search for email every 5 minutes and notify me if anything has been received.

It hasn't always done this, maybe has only been for a week or two now. The only time it searches for emails is when I actually go into the email, and I have to access each email seperately and THEN it starts checking for the mail. All of my settings are correct. The actual Gmail App still works... so is there a fix for this or what?

I use Advanced Task Killer and select what I want to kill. My email is always alive. Checked Auto Sync and it is selected but there's a message at the bottom that reads "sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly. Tried rebooting and nothing happens. The actual Gmail App seems to work fine though.

Upvote 0
Yeah so I thought I would try turning auto sync off and back on. I got all of my AOL emails, got my ymail sent me something, so I decided to test to see if I sent myself an email to gmail if that would finally work, since that's the main email I use for everything... gmail app alerted me, but not the email app. Its funny cuz this phone is powered by Google.

I prefer my email app over gmail app, any more suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones