• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

email notifications

anybody have any suggestions about this?

The only way this will be fixed is if you let the Gmail developers to do something about it. They will if we can get enough people to show they care. We can't rely on this phone for work until it is fixed. Please vote!! I love this phone but can't switch over completely until I can rely on Gmail to notify me of this issue.

Click on Issue 4190 - Gmail Notification

1. Sign in to your Gmail account
2. Click on the Star and your vote will be counted.
This is the only way they will fix this. There is no workaround for this while still using Gmail. So get this out to all the droid/android people you know and tell them to vote.

Upvote 0
The only way this will be fixed is if you let the Gmail developers to do something about it. They will if we can get enough people to show they care. We can't rely on this phone for work until it is fixed. Please vote!! I love this phone but can't switch over completely until I can rely on Gmail to notify me of this issue.

This is the only way they will fix this. There is no workaround for this while still using Gmail. So get this out to all the droid/android people you know and tell them to vote.

Done.

Upvote 0

This bug has nothing to do with the OP's problem. The OP is not getting the emails, not the notifications.

Go to settings > Google > and make sure Background Data, Auto-Sync and Google Mail are all checked

Upvote 0
yeah gmail, it wont update automaticaly, i have to refresh, and how do u change the notification ring tone for email. it does the voicemail ringtone

anybody have any suggestions about this?

have you enabled 'background data', 'auto-sync' and 'Google Mail' within SETTINGS > DATA SYNCHRONISATION > GOOGLE ?

within the gmail app settings you can change the notification ringtone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones