1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Email: "sent by my Droid" tag at end of message

1. luvtype

luvtype New Member

When I receive emails from an iphone or a bb, at the bottom of the message there's usually a line that says: Sent from my iphone/bb (whichever applies). Is that a default setting or an option?

I'd like to have my Droid do that. Is this possible? How?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    Mortimer likes this.
  2. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

I'm assuming gmail here, you didn't specify.

Open gmail,

menu > settings > Signature

Put in what you want it to say.
  3. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

From within the Gmail message list;

Menu/Settings/Signature

Then you type what ever you want in the Append text to messages you send box.
  4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Curious why you'd want to
  5. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

6. luvtype

luvtype New Member

Thanks!

I'd already figured that out but thought there might be a special "Droid signature" that could be toggled on/off, apart from my own signature.
  7. alostpacket

Lol. Heresy!

I heart my Droid.
  8. kg6epf

kg6epf Well-Known Member

Emails sent from a mobile device tend to be much shorter and prone to typos. Since typed text is much more easily misunderstood than a voice call, a brief 2 line response might be misunderstood for someone being upset, angry, disinterested, etc. With a short signature indicating that it's coming from a mobile device, it's easier to overlook poor wording or lack of details.
    Vehtemas likes this.
  9. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

...How 'bout "Sent from my Droid to your Pu$$y iPhone." :p

...No?
  10. luvtype

luvtype New Member

It's more of a tracking strategy for me. So that later I can tell where I sent the message from. Also, as someone else indicated, if my reply is a bit too crisp or short, people can see that it's coming from a phone device and understand the limitations.
  11. alostpacket

Makes sense. :)
  12. alostpacket

LOL.

"This email just pnwt you hard from my Droid. Droid does, b!itches"

I think I'll use that on my corporate email sig.
  13. Coronach

Coronach Well-Known Member

You don't have a hair on your (_!_) if you don't, dude.
  14. Inphosys

Inphosys Well-Known Member

+1 Credits! :cool:
  15. Mhogan35

Mhogan35 Active Member

Wait... Is it somehow not possible to do this with an AOL account? I know, I know... AOL is crazy, but I've used it for so long. That, and I am lazy... But, either way, is it possible? hehe
  16. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

Funny. When i first got this phone it would sporadically do this from both gmail and yahoo, but never from exchange. Never added a sig, just seemed to do it when it felt like it.

EDIT: it would say something like "sent from my android device" or something like that.
  17. mully

mully Well-Known Member

Lol....nice image. I like your avatar. 1 A$$ to risk!
  18. Icedemon

Icedemon Well-Known Member

Its automatically setup that way. Just a sig.
  19. kvnkress

kvnkress New Member

Wouldn't this add the signature to every email sent, regardless of whether you were sending from your phone or your computer? I had it set up somehow so that it only add that signature if I sent an email from my phone. Now I have a new one and can't remember how I did it.

Edit: never mind - figured it out. Duh!!!!!
  20. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

For anyone else wondering the same thing, the answer is no. The signature in the email app on your device only applies to email sent from your device in that email app.
    YankeeDudeL likes this.
  21. notuptospeed

notuptospeed New Member

I've also been wondering how to add a 'sent from my...' tag to every email sent from my LG P970, for the same reasons as given by kg6epf. LG told me it was impossible and my hosted service, Cobweb, which uses Microsoft Exchange, told me they couldn't do it either. I have Gmail on my phone but the other account is the one syncd to my PC and laptop. Any suggestions?
  22. swub

swub New Member

I noticed that when I flashed my android that it said Sent from my Samsung Infuse(TM) on the _____ network.

The ______ was not my network. So if you flash you may need to change it also.
  23. swub

swub New Member

Which one do you want to change? I was able to change mine on my @email (not gmail account) following the instructions in the thread above. Not sure where the on is for gmail.
  24. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

The loaded question was - why would you want your android to have a signature that reads, "Sent from my iPhone.":D
    vis-a-vis the original post.
  25. Mortimer

Mortimer New Member

So all these snarky answers and posts and not one practical answer to the question. How do I put a simple email signature on my droid bionic for emails that originate from my droid bionic? Do these forums ever solve simple issues for anyone?