• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Email that works like BlackBerry - I'll pay $$

I would gladly pay "real money" for a real email program. I'm not talking $1.95, more like $20.00 to $40.00, and I bet thousands of other business users would do the same.

I'm moving from a 2+ year old Blackberry Curve to the Sprint Epic 4G. I've spent the better part of the last 3 days trying to find a reliable email program that meets these criteria:

1. Has spell check, preferably as-you-type
2. Works with IMAP, GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo -- I'd settle for IMAP and GMail.
3. Retrieves my email every 5 minutes or less (I'd like instant, like the BB, but I'd settle for reliable every 5 min.)
4. Notifies me consistently of email received
5. Easy copy/paste/edit, forward with/without attachments, reply with/without original text.

So far I've tried the OEM email and Gmail apps, K9, and MailDroid along with Email Notifier. All fail in at least one of the above, most fail in all 5.

Thinking of item 3, if a monthly fee is needed for a server to push all that mail I'd probably pay that too.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones