Emergency Power from AA batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Mike777

Mike777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

They're supposed to be alright. Apparently you can get quite good mAh out of some AA batteries.

3. dasgoods

dasgoods New Member

Better check whether the supplied connectors will include a Desire one. Doesn't seem so by reading.

4. Ravlen

Ravlen Member

5. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

I got 2650mAh energizer rechargable AA's, would make a decent backup battery pack.

6. dorsetsav

dorsetsav Well-Known Member

Never used one of those, however i do have a Pebble which i use nearly everyday for a last minute charge for both my Desire and Mp3 player (non ipod!!!!) and can not rate it highly enough.
    Comes iwth loads of different connectors and recharges my desire 4 times on average between charges itself.

7. SUroot

Submitted a question asking if it supports Micro USB.

given that this is now the standard, you would hope it does.

8. SUroot

Ok they answered my question. It does not come supplied with Micro USB connector.

I once bought a multi USB cable from carphone warehouse which had a mini B to Micro USB adaptor. It was cheap as hell and didn't last long, but it would work in this situation.

9. gp144

gp144 New Member

Dry battery cells have 1.5 V per cell, rechargables only 1.2. Well fully charged they can reach 1.4, but that goes down to 1.2 quite quickly. There are applications where rechargables are not appropriate, for example those tiny cheap helicopters which are charged directly from the batteries in the infrared control. Better test your rechargables whether they work for your emergency charger.

10. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

I just bought something called "Battery backup" by a company called Signalex. It's a small, plain black plastic box that holds 4 AAA batteries and connects to my Desire via a USB cable. It charges the phone, but I haven't properly tested it yet for how long it takes or how many cycles I get from one set of batteries. I'll give it a whirl if anyone wants me to post my findings though.

The best bit is that I paid