• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root emulator/unzipping problems

when i try to download a snes game (or any emulator game) rom from doperoms.com it says content not supported but will let me download it anyway? but it just shows .bin? astro says file type not found when i try to open it and androzip goes to sd with nothing under it. this is a newbie problem but i am so lost, could someone please lend their expertiese? i can get a little farther with freeroms.com but still unzipping isnt full proof yet, thats why i think i have an unzipping problrm.

when i try to download a snes game (or any emulator game) rom from doperoms.com it says content not supported but will let me download it anyway? but it just shows .bin? astro says file type not found when i try to open it and androzip goes to sd with nothing under it. this is a newbie problem but i am so lost, could someone please lend their expertiese? i can get a little farther with freeroms.com but still unzipping isnt full proof yet, thats why i think i have an unzipping problrm.

I dont think this is the right place for this question, but i had similar problems with my game boy emulator and i contacted dev and said there was a problem with the way the phone downloads the rom...
This is what the dev for gbcoid said to me:
"You need to download games (aka. ROMs), for example, at:
http://www.doperoms.com
As the phone browser was proved to have problem downloading from certain sites, please download on the computer and copy to the sdcard. You don't have to extract the actual ROM file if it is zipped."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones