• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Enabling and disabling notifications & more

turing79it

Lurker
Sep 24, 2012
Use case: I have one android tablet, one PC, several email addresses and several chat accounts.

When I'm on my PC I prefer to check email and chat on my PC.
When I'm on the move, I need to do that on my tablet.

My point is: I need the notifications when I'm outside, but I hate to be notified twice (by the PC and by the tablet) when I am at my PC.

Is it possible there isn't an app/widget that just lets you press a button, and disables the notifications for (even better, completely stops) the apps (gmail, imo, ...) you specify (meaning, their services too)?

I'm trying to achieve that behaviour with Tasker and apps like it, but it's really cumbersome.
And I can't very well just turn off wifi & mobile networks then I'm home, because I do have some networking apps that are only on android.

There MUST be something out there. I can't possibly be the only one with this problem.

Please help :)

Half the time when I am checking emails on my computer it doesnt show up on my phone because i end up deleting or archiving the message under a label, which in turn disables the message notification on my phone, because the message has been taken care of.

All of my emails forward to my gmail, so I have never really come across the issue of double notifications, and even if so, I really don't know if there is an app for it.

I could be wrong though ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones