• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help enabling lowbattery.ogg

ziayx

Lurker
Sep 1, 2014
I've got a droid razr m using android 4.4.2 (kitkat). I want to install an audible low battery alert. I selected a sound from windows ( a .wav file) and converted it to .ogg and uploaded it to the phone's notifications directory. Would this be enough, or would I need an app for it?

I saw, in other threads, that lowbattery.ogg is located in \system\media\audio\ui. I don't see that directory listed (using usb from computer to phone). I also saw mention of using "root explorer", which I am not familiar with -- I'm using "windows explorer" in windows vista.

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello ziayx, welcome to the site :hello: and sorry for the late reply.

Simply uploading the .ogg file to your notification directory will not do the trick, so you would have to search for an app if there is one that will do it for you.

The only way to be able to access anything in /system is by using 'root explorer' or any similar app; but they do require your phone to be rooted. However, rooting your phone will void your warranty and requires that you know quite a bit about what you're doing; especially after you've gone and done it so you don't screw it up and wind up with a brick.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones