• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Encryption PIN language resets to German

Fightclub

Lurker
Jun 7, 2012
My new S3 has an interesting quirk that I am trying to resolve.

I have encryption enabled on the phone and each time I reboot, I am prompted to enter my PIN in German. This is not at the unlock screen, but is at the initial PIN entry prompt to allow access to the encrypted device.

I have done all the usual bits, including the normal keyboard/language selection in the settings menu. It appears that the phone is set to German language at the most basic OS level. There were several apps that started off in German as well, but they retained the UK English setting once changed.

The language setting does NOT revert to German each time I reboot...only the PIN screen prompt. Everything else is in English.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue?

The phone was purchased through Vodafone, but is not locked to the network.

My new S3 has an interesting quirk that I am trying to resolve.

I have encryption enabled on the phone and each time I reboot, I am prompted to enter my PIN in German. This is not at the unlock screen, but is at the initial PIN entry prompt to allow access to the encrypted device.

I have done all the usual bits, including the normal keyboard/language selection in the settings menu. It appears that the phone is set to German language at the most basic OS level. There were several apps that started off in German as well, but they retained the UK English setting once changed.

The language setting does NOT revert to German each time I reboot...only the PIN screen prompt. Everything else is in English.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this issue?

The phone was purchased through Vodafone, but is not locked to the network.

I have exactly the same problem, and i dont know if there s anyway to change it.
the PIN page changes back to English once booted in, or if i decrypt my phone.
very odd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones