• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ending a call from the calendar?

My Blackberry had an end-call button that was always available. Not so, the MTS. Often I'm on a call while looking at my calendar, for example to set up an appointment. When I'm done, I say good-bye and need to end the call. However, now I have to navigate back to the home screen, press the phone button to get to the call screen and then press end-call. If the screen has gone dark, I have another two steps in waking up the phone and unlocking the screen. If my contact doesn't hang up right away, I wonder if they wonder what I'm doing as I fumble about trying to hang up the phone!

Is there a quick way to just end the call when you are in another application?

(By the way I alternate between, "Gosh this is cool" and "Dang, I wish I had my 9700 for this!" The more I can learn the more I can stay on the "Gosh this is cool" side).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones