• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Endoscope support

tinboye

Lurker
Jul 22, 2016
I purchased a cheap endoscope which was advertised as an android/usb 2.0 endoscope, i have yet to get any app to recognize the device. I was able to test the device on my pc with some software i found for windows and the device works fine there. i have usb debugging enabled and tried everything I can to make this camera work on my phone. It is a galaxy note 4 and by researching my phone should be able to support this device just fine. when i plug it in, the LED lights do come on, so i know its getting power.

I have cameraFi and all the other programs on google store, but i think i just be missing something.

anyone know how i can fix this?

does your phone have otg on it. i had the same issue and it seems i needed the otg in the phone to get the endoscope to work. although i have an old samsung 3 that the endoscope works i have camerafi also and it works i just turned it on, plus i have ipweb cam and it works on that app also. i have 4.3 on that phone.

what pc app did you use? i'm looking for that program for my laptop. thanks.

Upvote 0
i do not see that anywhere it says to install the software form the cd but it is in chinese and the pc is not translating it. i did try a few buttons in the program but nothing happens my pc see the camera in the devices but that is about it. i plugged it into the wifes pc and it said usb all set what do i want to do with it but then nothing. the instructions say works in win 2000-xp-vista-7 so you would think it would work in 10. at one time it did show up on my pc but for what i needed the endoscope for that day required the phone. now i want the pc and it fails. i went into settings and made sure all the require items were turn on but still will not work. so i have something turned off. in my research on site talked about turning on switches and then under the instruction a dozen people commented that those instruction did not work for them. nor for me. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones