Epic 4g accessories - usb cable and slipcase pocket pouchAccessories

Last Updated:

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know if the micro USB cable used on the HTC Evo is interchangable with the Samsung Epic USB cable? I'd like to buy something I could use in both. It would appear so, but I've not tested data connectivity.

Also, I'm looking fora leather slipcase / Pocket Pouch for the Epic. Found only these two and not really likeing either. I'm looking for something like what Blackberry gives away with it's Curve phones.

kind of too girly and expensive.
    Samsung Epic 4G

Advertisement
    jnorland likes this.
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The cable for the Evo is interchangeable with the Epic and causes ZERO problems.

As far as leather cases.... I'm no help.

3. baa269

baa269 Well-Known Member

any micro usb cable to usb or micro usb charger will work. im using my verizon droid car charger for my 4g and a blackberry micro usb cable to usb for charging while on computer.

4. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I'm using a generic micro usb cable to sync/charge my epic on the computer. I'm using the Motorola micro usb cable to charge it at my bed.

5. lxy33

lxy33 Well-Known Member

I use my old bb tour usb and works fine!

6. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update: I bought a hard case from platiinum and a screen protector from Zagg.
    $55 for both. That's crazy.

The case got great reviews and am surprised how perfect it fits and feels. Does in fact make the phone easier to handle. Can't understand how a little piece of plastic can cost $30. WOW

As for the screen protector.. $20. I hate it. it feels sticky and snagy. Suppose to be great, but It's going back.. if I can return it that is.

I'm gonna go with not screen protector and will still try to find a slip in pouch. wonder how that will work with a phone that a little thicker now.

I'm not sure what the screen protector really does anyways. Glass is not that easy to scratch and anything hitting it hard enough some plastic is not getting protection from that. I will wear the phone in my front left pocket in a pouch facing my leg.

If anybody know of good leather pouch or cheap hard case, please let me know. Thanks.

7. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

This is the cheapest case I found. I'm not sure how good it is. It's supposely made by Samsung but how knows if it's a knockoff generic brand with Samsung's name on it.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G (Sprint) Black Rubber Feel Hard Case Cover: Electronics

8. boomerbubba

boomerbubba Well-Known Member

FYI, I ordered this one and it is not remotely the right size. The case is much too small. It would probably fit a Captivate or a Vibrant, but the Epic is 50 percent thicker than those phones. In fact, the case size seems identical to the slipcase for my old G1, which happens to fit a Vibrant but is way too small for the Epic.

9. GrooveRite

GrooveRite Well-Known Member

I want to order this leather case but I'm doubtful that it will properly fit the phone right. I guess thats the risk you take with these websites. I'm checking their return policies and the majority don't give refunds back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Samsung Epic 4G Leather Case Vertical Removable Clip Black

10. jnorland

jnorland Member

11. phrnk

phrnk Member

if you want a pouch without a clip, an ordinary slip-in eyeglasses case is the perfect size. that's what i use to carry the epic, either in a shirt or pants pocket.