• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris 2.1 leak Bug's and Fixes

I'm aware that Android is derived from Linux. But my question is, why there is not a way to wipe our devises and install any version OS we desire?
I was a long time BB user and forum cruiser, and frequently wiped my BB to install the latest and greatest.
I may be thinking too simply here or maybe just my lack of Android experience.
Just looking for some input. Caddyman will probably answer it for me...

Upvote 0
I'm aware that Android is derived from Linux. But my question is, why there is not a way to wipe our devises and install any version OS we desire?
I was a long time BB user and forum cruiser, and frequently wiped my BB to install the latest and greatest.
I may be thinking too simply here or maybe just my lack of Android experience.
Just looking for some input. Caddyman will probably answer it for me...

LOL, I was thinking the same thing about an hour ago. I am sure this is not possible otherwise it would have been done.

I was thinking can't we/HTC just completely wipe the phone with no software on it except what is needed to load the OS?

Upvote 0
When i start a text, the autocomplete shows "All Contacts" from google, Facebook contacts, and also the labels i have on faces in Picasa.

What was Google they thinking???
The Picasa names are useless!!!!

Why can't I choose the Contact folders, like I did in 1.5 and only have "My Contacts" on my phone?

After nearly a week I think I've found a way to remove the facebook and all other needless contacts from my People list. This includes Phone, Messaging andSearch.

1) Backed up my gmail contacts just in case
2) When to People > Menu and unchecked the "Show auto Gmail Contacts"
3) Settings > Accounts and Settings > Facebook: uncheck Sync Contacts
4) I went to:
Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > People: Clear data (rolodex icon)
Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > People: Clear data (phone icon)
Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > Dialer: Clear data (phone icon)
Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > Contacts Storage: Clear data (folder sorter icon)
Setting > Applications > Manage Applications > People Widget: Clear data (phone icon)

5) Settings > Accounts and Sync > Google > Sync Now (may take a little while)

You should have a pure Google Contacts list. With only My Contacts or Contacts you have Grouped. (Still can't find a way to choose specific Groups like in 1.5)

If you turn Facebook Contact Sync back on you may have another mess. Haven't tried that yet!

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones