• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris acting up again. Please help

lilbballer27

Android Enthusiast
Mar 29, 2010
www.thecelldudes.com
Ok so I have atk on my phone and every now and then I will go in to look and see what apps are running. Recentley after killing all the apps that are running besides a few like messages and mail. Then ill lock my phone not use it or just text go back and look at the atk and there are so many apps open like as if the phone had just restarted. Music is open, clock, cha cha droid, facebook, and a whole long list. Why is it doing this? its slowing my phone down with all these random apps just opening.

Some apps are designed to sync or gather/send information in the background. Even if you kill the service, the fact that the application is designed to send and receive data in the background causes the service to start back up after you kill it with ATK. Although this may not be the case with all the apps that are starting up, it's the case with some of them.

You will notice that when you install an application, it tells you what the applications needs access to so you will know when you install it whether it's going to send or receive data in the background. For example, if Facebook is set to sync, the service will start back up automatically to do so even if you kill it with ATK. The same goes for other applications that send and receive data in the background. The weather widget does this to get updated information. Gmail sync does this as well.

You have two options, turn off this feature, if you can, in the application settings or uninstall the application altogether.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones