• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris calender

No, I see that, but if you click on "change only this event," then try to change the date of that one occurence and tell me what happens. I'm unable to select the date to change it. Thanks.

I just saw that, but found a way to change it.

While you are editing there is a field on the bottom for "Repeat" that says "Cannot be customized on this phone". If you click on that and change to "one time event" it will allow you to change the date and time for that event, and (as long as you chose the option "change only this event") it does not affect the rest of the series.

Upvote 0
Oh, okay. I don't have my phone on me now, but I'll try that later. So, if I'm understanding you correctly, after you say that you just want to edit that one occurence, you have to change it to a one-time event and then it will allow you to edit the date? But the rest of the events will remain unchanged, correct? That would be great! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Oh, okay. I don't have my phone on me now, but I'll try that later. So, if I'm understanding you correctly, after you say that you just want to edit that one occurence, you have to change it to a one-time event and then it will allow you to edit the date? But the rest of the events will remain unchanged, correct? That would be great! Thanks!

Yes. I tested it on a new, weekly repeated event that I created. It changed the one occurrence, and the rest of them were fine.

Upvote 0
Trying to help my wife adapt to an Eris, i have a Droid. Not sure if it's a limitation of the calendar app or the OS, but on the Eris I can't display a week view, in the agenda view I see a week's worth of dates but can't go back or forward in time, same problem with day view not being able to scroll ahead or back. On the plus side, compared to the droid, the Eris is able to search from within the calendar app while the Droid can't.
Anyone know of a way around this, a better app to use, or whether the 2.0 version will be better at displaying and scrolling through past and future?

Upvote 0
Trying to help my wife adapt to an Eris, i have a Droid. Not sure if it's a limitation of the calendar app or the OS, but on the Eris I can't display a week view, in the agenda view I see a week's worth of dates but can't go back or forward in time, same problem with day view not being able to scroll ahead or back. On the plus side, compared to the droid, the Eris is able to search from within the calendar app while the Droid can't.
Anyone know of a way around this, a better app to use, or whether the 2.0 version will be better at displaying and scrolling through past and future?

Calendar Pad is a great app for Android's not so intuitive calendar. It's actually a widget that gives you a monthly view with a few details for each day, but it has a great weekly view that shows the daily events clearly. And it takes you right to an event if you click on it in the weekly view.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else been having this problem? My all-day events are showing up on the Eris HTC calendar widget (small) one day early.

Yes and I'm not sure what the problem is...EX. I'll have someone's birthday scheduled and want it to alert me on that day around noon. The alert happens exactly 1 day before and at the 12:00pm setting. Frustrating.

Upvote 0

If you switch the day view to "time grid" you can swipe left and right through all of the days. (In day view, "Menu", settings, views, day view, time grid).

Has anyone else been having this problem? My all-day events are showing up on the Eris HTC calendar widget (small) one day early.

I've noticed this as well. It seems to be a bug. I hope it will be fixed eventually.

Upvote 0
Calendar Pad is a great app for Android's not so intuitive calendar. It's actually a widget that gives you a monthly view with a few details for each day, but it has a great weekly view that shows the daily events clearly. And it takes you right to an event if you click on it in the weekly view.
Thanks for the tip about calendar pad, I like it and use it on my Droid. It doesn't work as well on the Eris though. For example, if you have it on week view or month view and click on a day or event, it takes you back to the built-in calendar app in month view. Don't think it's working well for her. I think she wants a seamless complete solution like Datebook for her old palm, or pocket informant for winmo. Android 1.5 isn't quite there yet.

doogald, thanks for the tip about the time grid view, she'd use that if she could hide the blank time slots, which is how the day view looks.

As picky as she is I wonder how she's kept me around so long ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones