• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris reception issues!

ckar

Feb 16, 2010
San Diego
I just upgraded from an old Razr and took the plunge into smart phones by buying the Droid Eris. I really like the phone, EXCEPT for one major issue. When talking on the phone I am having a problem with what I can only describe as feedback. Kind of like when you cover up a microphone and you get that awful sound. It is very intermittent, and seems to happen at least once or twice a day. This is my second device, as I was given a new one just a couple of days ago by the local Verizon repair techs. The original phone had the same issue, which makes me wonder if this is a wide-spread problem. The only thing that I am doing that both phones have in common is that I have an Otter Box commuter case on it. That couldn't be causing feedback issues, could it?? Anyone with similar issues or advice? Thanks.:)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones