• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My eris water damage sticker is just light pink in color at the top of the sticker,but you can still see all the lines on the sticker. Would Verizon deny my insurance for this?

If it is the insurance that covers 'Lost/Stolen' or 'broken', it is usually the case that they will deny the claim if they say it has water damage. The sticker is a way for them to tip-toe around faulty design work. I personally did a water damage study for a phone company who shall remain nameless. 8% of phones returned for technical problems had actual water damage, where 67% of those phones had the pink or red sticker.

Anyway, when I was younger, I had insurance on a phone. I dropped it and the screen was done. I called the insurance people, and they asked if the dot was pink or red, I said yes, and they said insurance wouldn't cover it. I said that's insane. Then I calmed myself, hung up, called back and said the phone was stolen. They sent me a replacement right away. Yeah.

Reactions: ClaytonBigsbee1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones