• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error: Cannot Connect to Camera

BadReligion

Jun 10, 2011
I have no idea how this happened, so all I can say is that every time I try to use the camera on my phone or via QR scanning, it gives me a simple dialog box saying "Error: Cannot connect to camera."

I've seen a few threads around the Web about this, albeit on different phones.

I haven't dropped it or anything, and I don't know if CM7 could be the problem because I've had CM7 installed for a month with no issues.

Any suggestions?

I have no idea how this happened, so all I can say is that every time I try to use the camera on my phone or via QR scanning, it gives me a simple dialog box saying "Error: Cannot connect to camera."

I've seen a few threads around the Web about this, albeit on different phones.

I haven't dropped it or anything, and I don't know if CM7 could be the problem because I've had CM7 installed for a month with no issues.

Any suggestions?

No camera apps will work with cm7, uninstall any cam apps and reboot your phone and your camera will work again.

Upvote 0
I'm running CM7 0521 (I'm blessed with a lazy Ascend >.<) and gapps 0307, and the camera is working fine with no camera apps installed.

Here's what happens as I fiddle around:

Just install QR Droid, camera still works.

Try to use QR Droid's camera once, doesn't work.

Phone camera no longer works.

Uninstall QR Droid, reboot, camera works again.

Reinstall QR Droid, take picture of QR code with phone camera (NOT with QR Droid camera function), save it, run QR Droid, select decode from image, decodes fine.

Exit QR Droid, camera still works.

So, you CAN use QR Droid, you just can't ever use it's camera function. It's been this way for me from the start.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones