• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error Code 944 in Google Play Store

I have a stock Galaxy Note 3 with 46.78 GB of storage free on Verizon. I received notifications for updates to Fb Messenger and iHeartRadio tonight. Unfortunately while trying to update them I received Error Code 944 on both apps. I uninstalled them both. They will not reinstall. Same error code as before. I cleared Google Play Store and Services out. That didn't help. Rebooting didn't help either. Has anyone else had this issue?

Hiya Jason!

Seems to be a known issue I see, (as you have seen) over at AC. :(
The only thing I can suggest is wait until tomorrow and try again. I'm sure they'll get it resolved :)

What you did by clearing out the Play and Services cache is what I would have suggested too.
Seems only to be an issue with some apps, not all, as I just updated Maps and Sheets and Terminal Emulator with no problem.

Perhaps others may chime in with issues too :eek:

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to fox this play store error? Im not able to download apps ATM but I have 600mb free internal for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-51-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-19-51-35.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
Hiya Jason!

Seems to be a known issue I see, (as you have seen) over at AC. :(
The only thing I can suggest is wait until tomorrow and try again. I'm sure they'll get it resolved :)

What you did by clearing out the Play and Services cache is what I would have suggested too.
Seems only to be an issue with some apps, not all, as I just updated Maps and Sheets and Terminal Emulator with no problem.

Perhaps others may chime in with issues too :eek:
I have a stock Galaxy Note 3 with 46.78 GB of storage free on Verizon. I received notifications for updates to Fb Messenger and iHeartRadio tonight. Unfortunately while trying to update them I received Error Code 944 on both apps. I uninstalled them both. They will not reinstall. Same error code as before. I cleared Google Play Store and Services out. That didn't help. Rebooting didn't help either. Has anyone else had this issue?

The issue is fixed. All apps are reinstalled and updated as of this morning.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones