• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Events syncing from Google Calendar w/no reminder

Redflea

Android Expert
Oct 6, 2009
I just noticed that none of my events on my Droid have any reminders.

They have reminders in Google Calendar online, and in Outlook (they are sync'd from Outlook to Google Calendar by the "Syncmycal" program.)

So somewhere between Google Calendar and my Droid I'm loosing reminder settings....the events are all there in my calendar, but none of them has a reminder set.

Appreciate any help...

So this is a "just me" issue? No one else?

Why am I so "special?!" ;)

So if I want to clear all calendar info off my droid and have it re-sync, what's the process to do that?

I assume I'd turn off calendar sync on my gmail account on my Droid, but not sure how to remove all the events off the Droid before turning sync back on again. Also don't want anything I do on the Droid to end up deleting events off Outlook (I use Syncmycal to sync from Outlook to my gmail account...)

Upvote 0
Not just you, but I haven't found a solution either. It may be related to how the events get to Google as well, since I also use a sync program, in my case a lotus notes-to-google sync utility.

I have noticed that for newly entered events on the web, both the default calendar settings as well as the local event settings seem to sync back to the phone. I think they sync correctly in the reverse direction, but not always.

There are some other bugs here in this area that I have encountered as well, see:

Issue 4554 - android - Synched Calendar Items can't create quick new reminder - Project Hosting on Google Code

and *possibly*

Issue 2590 - android - Calendar reminders not synced from Google to Android - Project Hosting on Google Code

Upvote 0
Thanks very much for your post - really appreciate it.

I've added my comments to the second thread you posted.

I'm going to try adding some events to the Google Calendar on the web and see if those sync w/reminders, and also add one on the phone w/reminders and see how it appears on the web.

Do you know if there is a way to remove all events from the phone only and then re-sync them to the phone from Google?

I could do a reset, but don't want to go through all the reconfig of my home screens unless I have to...I'm thinking a reset after the 2.01 update will help, if just removing the events and re-syncing doesn't help.

Upvote 0
I am using Entourage (Outlook for MAC). It syncs with ical. I am using Busysync to sync icl with Google.

I am also losing reminders going from Droid or Google to Entourage. I am also losing them when created on Google ONLY if they are created with an email reminder.

I just logged into Google and created two events with email reminders. Neither had reminders on the droid.

Next I created two more on Google using the "pop-up" reminder option. They both appear correctly.

I am guessing that something is getting lost in translation.

Upvote 0
Warrenken: I'm seeing the same thing with ONLY being able to use pop-up notifications and not email ones. That's actually what I prefer but I just wanted to let you know that it's not just your phone.

I don't have much else to add to this thread, just a question that's kinda related (since I'm in the process of getting my calendar together on my droid just like you guys)...

I should also mention that I'm using the stock calendar app (and it sounds like you guys are too).

If I have an appt on your droid that does not have a reminder but I want to set one, here's the issue I'm having: I "view" that event (not "edit") and it'll give me the option of adding a reminder right there by tapping the little green "+". So I do it, but then if I go back to view that event later, the reminder wasn't saved. The only way I can get the calendar to save the reminder is if I take an extra step to "edit" that event and add the reminder and then click "save" at the bottom of that screen.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

Upvote 0
Similar issues here as well.
I just spent a goodly amount of time creating new calendars so I could have color coded events. I moved a lot of stuff from the 'main' calendar into the new ones, they all had reminders set originally. The reminders show in the new calendars online but do not show on the stock droid calendar. I was not able to add a reminder from the phone at all, well, I could but it did not 'stick'.
Moved them all back to the 'main' calendar and the reminders all showed up on the phone again. I only use pop-up, not email.
Too bad, I really wanted colors!!

Upvote 0
Well I'm confused now.
I was having issues with reminders and multiple calendars in the stock Google calendar and with Quick Calendar Widget (which kept FC'ng). I deleted that and installed S2 Calendar Widget and everything is working! I get all my reminders in all my calendars.
Not sure what the deal is (or was) but it's working.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I figured out though, that I needed to have notifications set to ON in two places.. BOTH through the web (google calendar site), and THEN through the phone. I set the google calendar settings to a "pop-up" notification and then i set the phone settings to a status bar alert with a sound attached to it, and now all my events pop into the notifications bar.... i guess if the google calendar servers dont "generate" notifications, they wont be passed thru the phone

I just noticed that none of my events on my Droid have any reminders.

They have reminders in Google Calendar online, and in Outlook (they are sync'd from Outlook to Google Calendar by the "Syncmycal" program.)

So somewhere between Google Calendar and my Droid I'm loosing reminder settings....the events are all there in my calendar, but none of them has a reminder set.

Appreciate any help...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones