Everyone please check your heros!

Last Updated:

1. ihavequestions

ihavequestions New Member This Topic's Starter

I just would like to make sure that this is not just my phone having this problem. My phone no longer gives me suggestions when I am typing in a google search. For example, like when you start typing "home" it might say "home mortgage, home auction, etc".. Please check your phones because i have not found any other thread about this subject. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

How many threads are you going to start to ask this question?

What android version are you running? As far as I understand, search web suggestions were only introduced in 1.6.

Assuming you are on 1.6, you may have web search suggestions turned off:
    Settings -> Search -> Google Search settings -> Show web suggestions

If and when 2.1 is released for my hero, I'll turn it off anyway - I don't want network traffic every time I search for something.

3. Ashman

Ashman Member

Was there an update to version 1.6 of google android for the EU Hero (have an unlocked Hero in the UK) MattW? When I look at the firmware version in settings it says 1.5.

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

1.5 is still the official current hero firmware - we will apparently be missing out 1.6 and going straight to 2.1 sometime in the new year.

However I believe some UK hero users have rooted their phones and installed 1.6