• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO 3D messaging app gets laggy after recieving pictures.

samjay

Lurker
Mar 20, 2012
It only started happening recently. At first I thought it was only the GO Sms app but when i checked on Handcent and the stock sms, the problem was still there with those apps. I can text and everything fine, but when I recieve a picture, only the messaging app gets laggy. It takes a long time to scroll or open up the keyboard until I delete the picture. What could be it?

Are you pushing the home key after receiving a picture? Try hitting back, instead. I notice the same lagginess when I keep getting SMS with Google Voice. This is what I did to create the lagginess:

Get a text
Pull down the notification bar
Tap on the message, read, respond.
Hit home
Got another text
repeat (notification bar > message > respond)
hit home
Got another text
repeat

I did this a few times and after 5 or 6 messages, the phone lags when opening GVoice. So I looked in the Running Programs tab of Manage Applications and I found that GVoice was opened 6 or 7 times in it, eating RAM like crazy.

So, my solution was to hit the back button instead of home when I was done with GVoice, or any app for that matter. And sure enough, I saw GVoice come up and close every time I hit the back button until only 1 instance of it existed. Now I use Home as a multi-task button and Back as a 'quit' button. Give it a shot, see if it helps you.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Are you pushing the home key after receiving a picture? Try hitting back, instead. I notice the same lagginess when I keep getting SMS with Google Voice. This is what I did to create the lagginess:

Get a text
Pull down the notification bar
Tap on the message, read, respond.
Hit home
Got another text
repeat (notification bar > message > respond)
hit home
Got another text
repeat

I did this a few times and after 5 or 6 messages, the phone lags when opening GVoice. So I looked in the Running Programs tab of Manage Applications and I found that GVoice was opened 6 or 7 times in it, eating RAM like crazy.

So, my solution was to hit the back button instead of home when I was done with GVoice, or any app for that matter. And sure enough, I saw GVoice come up and close every time I hit the back button until only 1 instance of it existed. Now I use Home as a multi-task button and Back as a 'quit' button. Give it a shot, see if it helps you.

That seemed to work. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones