• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO 3D preorder at best buy now (in store only)

Did you pre order the 3D

• Pre Ordered it!!!

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • Did not Pre Order!

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Waiting...

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Can't afford it...yet!

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Drat you beat me to the punch; I too received an email. However, I wonder about the ethics of this approach without providing either a release date or final cost. Sure we're take your money; you can always ask for it back but it might be a year or two before there is a product and by the way it'll cost you 10 grands when it is available but none the less come on in and give us your money :)

There isn't anything unethical about this in my opinion. We all have a choice whether to even go there or not in the first place so if you allow your excitement for the evo 3d to go and pre-order with no other information then you can't blame bestbuy for providiing that service. But lets be honest, the ones that have pre-ordered already aren't complaining at all.

Upvote 0
Since you're paying for a gift card all you're really committing to is spending $50 at best buy at some point. I would think they use the pre-sale information to gauge demand and better distribute handsets out to the stores that have them sold already (only true if it's not up to the carrier). If you change your mind, then you have the gift card to use on something else, you're not stuck getting that specific device.

Upvote 0
Well I can tell you from my droid x experience they did a pretty crappy job and the preorder was worthless. Even though I preorder well in advance and was first I was not allotted a phone while verizon (and a few other stores) had plenty; I actually went buy a verizon store to play with one and then decided to not buy the phone. Anyways as someone else noted if it makes you feel better to preorder @ BB then by all means do so AND they do handle the rebate for your which is one reason why I often buy the phones at BB over sprint.

This time around my guess is that supply will be limited and I'll probably buy directly from sprint but who knows I could be totally off base here.

Since you're paying for a gift card all you're really committing to is spending $50 at best buy at some point. I would think they use the pre-sale information to gauge demand and better distribute handsets out to the stores that have them sold already (only true if it's not up to the carrier). If you change your mind, then you have the gift card to use on something else, you're not stuck getting that specific device.

Upvote 0
this is no longer a secret. i received an email about this earlier this AM.

Best Buy

Did BB have a preorder for the EVO last year and were they able to fullfill all of them?

I mean, it would really suck if we preordered with BB but they didn't have enough to fullfill all of them on launch day. Then we would have been better off waiting to order with Radio shack or sprint - providing they come up with preorders soon...

Upvote 0
Did BB have a preorder for the EVO last year and were they able to fullfill all of them?

I mean, it would really suck if we preordered with BB but they didn't have enough to fullfill all of them on launch day. Then we would have been better off waiting to order with Radio shack or sprint - providing they come up with preorders soon...

The only thing a pre-order guarantees is the fact that bestbuy gets your money month in advance and they get to make a little interest off of it. There were many people I know who pre-ordered last year from bestbuy and was promised a phone on release day only for some random crap to happen then they ended up getting them in july. Something like this I will not pre-order, I will be at the sprint store first thing that morning and leave with my evo 3d before bestbuy even opens their doors for business.

Upvote 0
I had a pretty painless Best Buy experience, aside from the system overload of people trying to get EVO's. I was relatively far down on the pre-order list, and still had an EVO on launch day. This time around I expect the experience to be even better since I was the first one to pre-order from the store. I'll be there as early as possible, getting my EVO 3D the day it drops :)

Upvote 0
I guess I should have verified this before.

Anyone know if we are qualified for the same discount with Best Buy as we are through the Sprint? Since I've not yet been a customer long enough earn full discount, the website indicates I'm eligible for a $75 discount instead of the $150. Will BB give me the $75 off or no discount?

Upvote 0
Let me get this straight... we can pre order the evo 3d, only if we go in the store, and ask them about it... and have to put a $50 deposit down, ok... but they are not saying when the phone will release? that seems so crazy to me, yet I am intrigued to pre order it, just wish like all of us we had a concrete date...

It's likely because they don't know the release date. Pre orders are a great way to make a sale. Once you put money down, you are likely to get that item at that particular store. As I mentioned. EB and Gamestop do pre-orders on products that were just announced, with no release date in sight. Great way to lock down a sale.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

Anyone know if we are qualified for the same discount with Best Buy as we are through the Sprint? Since I've not yet been a customer long enough earn full discount, the website indicates I'm eligible for a $75 discount instead of the $150. Will BB give me the $75 off or no discount?

Yea anyone know this, i'm in the same boat.

Upvote 0

Yea anyone know this, i'm in the same boat.

I've done my last 2 upgrades at best buy and from what I understand, they have access to the same information that Sprint has. That said, only way to verify is to call or go in and ask.

Upvote 0

You would be able to get the $75 off as far as I know, but Best Buy usually charges more than Sprint for the handset so it may not really help you.

Upvote 0
I've done my last 2 upgrades at best buy and from what I understand, they have access to the same information that Sprint has. That said, only way to verify is to call or go in and ask.

I guess I'll have to wait until they announce a release date and price. I don't have a problem paying a partially discounted price on the device if it's the same across the board, but I do have a problem if BB is going to price gouge. I'd even wait a few weeks after launch date to avoid that. If BB won't give me the same price as I'd pay at sprint then I'll be stocking up on ink with the gift card...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones