EVO 4G Data only plan?

Last Updated:

1. choebear

choebear New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there! Brand new member on the board.

I'm currently an iphone 3gs user and i've been hearing more and more about the evo that makes me love it. i'm an avid google user and i don't like how apple neuters their phone to google, or just about anything else to be honest. i've had to jailbreak just to get functionality that should come standard. I like that android obviously caters to google products and a small amount of research shows me that i can do everything i want with a droid device that i currently do with an iphone.

on to my question...i could justify switching out of my current contract, but only if i spend 60 or less on a monthly plan. my thought process is i could use a 4g device with google voip for calls. do you think sprint would sell data only plans to the phone?

anyone else have the same idea?

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Have to at least have the simple everything 450 minute plan ($70 per month). If you work for a big corporation though you may qualify for a corporate discount though.

3. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Educational discount? Company discount? There's likely some way to get it to your price-point, but voice would have to be included.

4. choebear

choebear New Member This Topic's Starter

But that's kind of my point. Why does it have to be included? I'd like to see them get creative with some options.

5. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

They already have the most comprehensive plan on the market for the lowest price, they don't need to offer more options than that. For 99% of the people their base simple everything plan is all they'd need.