• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root evo 4g power button issues?

i have tried that and to no avail. I think the rom or something isnt working because before i used to get a start up that said mik roms now it just says android and flashes a few times before going to the blank home screen. thanks guys i really appreciate it this has been so frustrating.i want to just start all over but im sure it would be quite the task.

Upvote 0
yes i can get into recovery and i do see the usb-ms toggle option just cant select it. before i did whatever i did i could actually select it using the soft key but like i said it was a completely different recovery. i can get files on the sd card by putting my other phone which is a samsung prevail into recovery and mounting the usb. i can also fastboot usb? and hboot usb? in the bootloader. and i have the rom on there i didnt unzip it tho?

Upvote 0
Reactions: getdachewin
Upvote 0
ok so i succesfully have the smelkus recovery on thank you it worked. i had to flash it from a cmd window with fastboot... it still only boots up in safe mode but you cant use any buttons and holding the volume down button doesnt work is there something im not doing right? am i supposed to unzip the rom?

Upvote 0
I think we somehow need to get you out of safe mode to flash the rom....perhaps a different button push (volume up) will get out of safe mode.
I know a factory reset will get you out of it.
However, if you can get the rom on the sd card, do not unzip it, then in recovery, wipe all except the sd card, then flash the rom, you should be good.

Edit: whoooops! Just saw your last post...I type too slow sometimes :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones