• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo screen locked during call - Can't unlock!

Turaco

Lurker
Apr 9, 2011
My Evo, which is rooted but not running any alternative roms, is now locking the screen during a call. The screen just goes black, as it would normally, but there is no way to get the screen back on during a call. The buttons on the front and the power button don't do anything. As soon as the call ends (the person on the other end of line has to hang up), the screen comes back on. This is a real pain when I accidentally call the wrong person, or when I leave a voice message and have to wait for the call to time out. It began happening about two weeks ago, though I haven't made any big changes to the phone. I do have a big Ballistic case on it, but I've had it and this didn't cause any issue before with the proximity sensor.

Thanks

Face palm. That did it. Thank you so much. I had cleaned it outside, but it had some dust on the inside of the case that was blocking it.

Do you have a case on yours? This happened to mine a bit and mine is stock, I found out that it was, that the lens over the proximity sensor were dirty and that after I cleaned it I the sensor worked properly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones