• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO Shift battery solution

Agreed?

• Yep, tried a different model's battery and

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, tried several, no change.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hellbound45

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
Alright, so I had my Shift for about two weeks, when I became fed up that the battery would die 3/4 through my day with light usage. So fed up I was going to put it up for trade on craigslist, when I remembered another HTC battery I found along side of the road 1 and a half YEARS ago. I cleaned the gunk off of it, and decided to put it in my phone to see if it would do any better.
My battery lasts me (with moderate+) usage from 10am, to 4 AM at night.

I have no idea where this battery came from, or what model it is, because the battery is damaged on the outside from (literally) being run over by several cars on a gravel road. It looks just like my Shift's battery, in shape - and the HTC logo on the back, but it doesn't tell me it's mAh rating.

So I suspect HTC decided to go really cheap on the stock [Shift] batteries, with very little to do with the phone itself.

I even put the original battery back in for a day, just to confirm this for myself, and the old battery is WAY more reliable.

[rant]Only problem I have with the shift is the picture quality. My samsung intercept [3.2mp] didn't have as much color, but was 2x (no exaggeration) as crisp... I could see every strand of hair on someone, as with the shift it's somewhat blurry[/rant]

I had the same problem with the EVO 4G. Here's how I changed it.

Take off auto-sync. This alone made a huge difference.
Also, it depends what you have in the background. Some apps, instant messaging, etc., use a lot of battery.

Finally, I think you can purchase a better battery for the shift. One that will last twice as long. I'm not positive, but you might check into it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones