• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVP Delivery Dates

Yeah I am still learning to type on it but it predicts what it thinks you want and if what you want is highlighted hit the space bar to accept it. I am getting somewhat used to it but I need more practice. The speech to text works pretty well but I'vve had it say some wrong things but mostly it's right. I love it!

Yep, my baby was delivered right around
10 am ...been playing with the damn thing all day...

Typing will take some practice, for sure. This short post took several minutes, but its part of the learning process.

Upvote 0
Yep, my baby was delivered right around
10 am ...been playing with the damn thing all day...

Typing will take some practice, for sure. This short post took several minutes, but its part of the learning process.

You won. Mine didnt get in till 2:30pm. Been doing the same as u. (I figured thats why u hadnt been back to the forum for a few hours.)

I added Thick Buttons keyboard and typing is alot easier. I also downloaded my app list from appbrain -- about 50 apps. I have only gotten to about 40% of them to try out. Everytime I try something new I keep saying to myself. "Oh thats cool" No battery drain issues either. :) It just keeps getting better.

Upvote 0
Rose, I love the predictive text thing. This is my first smartphone ever, so it's all very new to me, which hopefully explains my slow learning curve. :)

Thick Buttons! I remember reading about that but couldn't remember the name for the life of me. I'll try it out as well. And yeah, after the phone showed up, I didn't get ANY work done. :) I played with it non-stop. By bed time last night, I had already blew through two batteries. I had two of the e-Bay cheapies fully charged and ready to go when the phone arrived. Considering what I did to them, they held up really well. :D

Upvote 0
Your going to love the phone it is so cool. I just found out you can do the Google search and say Navigate to and it brings up Google Nav. Hold the search button and say Tom Cruise or Patrick Swayze the web comes up so quick with info it's so cool. And then the voice dialer is cool too. And there's the scenes me and my friend viewed each one last night and they were cool. I can't wait to get all my apps and then arrange all 7 home screens on each scene. It's amazing what this thing can do. Enjoy your phone. I haven't had enough time to really mess with it but Friday is my off day and I'll spend all day messing with it. Enjoy!

Rose, I love the predictive text thing. This is my first smartphone ever, so it's all very new to me, which hopefully explains my slow learning curve. :)

Thick Buttons! I remember reading about that but couldn't remember the name for the life of me. I'll try it out as well. And yeah, after the phone showed up, I didn't get ANY work done. :) I played with it non-stop. By bed time last night, I had already blew through two batteries. I had two of the e-Bay cheapies fully charged and ready to go when the phone arrived. Considering what I did to them, they held up really well. :D

Upvote 0
As far as texting goes, if you guys havent tried swype yet, I highly highly highly recommend it.

I'm so late in this game so I didn't even bother to create a "I got my EVO - here's my review" post. I got mine on Monday as EVP promised and everything's going well. Rose4uKy - I'm so glad to see your enthusiasm on here :) I totally understand the "spend all day" messing with the phone. You would think your eyes would hurt after spending so many hours on it - but the display is big enough that it feels more like a mini-tablet. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Upvote 0
I know I read all about Swype and actually have the download somewhere but never put it on yet. And yes it's like a mini tablet. When I go to FB I don't even use the app on the phone I go straight to the web. I have so much more to learn though and just not enough time in the day LOL! I need to quit staying up all night reading forums.

As far as texting goes, if you guys havent tried swype yet, I highly highly highly recommend it.

I'm so late in this game so I didn't even bother to create a "I got my EVO - here's my review" post. I got mine on Monday as EVP promised and everything's going well. Rose4uKy - I'm so glad to see your enthusiasm on here :) I totally understand the "spend all day" messing with the phone. You would think your eyes would hurt after spending so many hours on it - but the display is big enough that it feels more like a mini-tablet. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Upvote 0
I'm serious. I work 2nd shift and when I get home at 11:30 I have been staying up way later than normal. Then I get up early make coffee and sit here again. I want to read every tips and tricks and other threads to learn more stuff about my phone. I love this phone!

This made me CRACK UP! I was JUST thinking that too! Ok seriously off to bed now - time to plug in my EVO and geek out a little bit more until I pass out

Upvote 0
From the Director of the EVP program:

I wanted to start off my extending a huge thank you too all of the EVP clients who placed pre-orders through our program. We're happy to have been able to get the EVO in the hands of so many clients, especially considering that the phone became instantly out-of-stock nationwide due to high demand.

For those who had a challenge, I completely understand your frustration. Like you, many of my employees and I ordered the phone for our personal use and wanted to be the first to have it. We don't have any stock here in our office; The Sprint warehouse fulfills our orders. In 90% of all previous phone launches, we have had access to the new phone a few days early. In this case, nothing was launched early and we too were at the mercy of the warehouse. The warehouse shipped all phones first thing on Friday, and everyone who ordered should have theirs by now. If you have any questions on your order, please contact us and we'll be glad to help.

Thank you again! I'm so glad to see so many people excited about the EVO.

Mandy Claiborne
Employee Value Program
Mandy@EVPdiscount.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones