• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ex-Eris User: 2 annoying little things on otherwise perfect phone

falltime

Nov 30, 2009
Ok I had an Eris with 2.1 and it was perfect EXCEPT that the phone app sucked and it was a bit slow, so the Incredible is perfect (app seems same but I guess snapdragon killed the lag) EXCEPT

I wish I could (natively) change the lockscreen wallpaper independent of the home screen wall paper and
I wish I could turn on (and OFF) the Inc. with the tracball button (very long press or dbl press for off)

I have a work around but it has its issues - I am using Lock 2.0 (tried Lockbot also - too buggy) - it lets you change the lockscreen wall paper and it lets you use the trackball to turn it on but with all of these lockscreen apps - you lose the native pattern lock - bummer AND it turns on with the volume buttons as well as the trackball (which causes pocket turn-ons) - and of course no app that I know of lets you turn OFF the unit with some trackball press.

Fix this - and I've reached Android Nirvana

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones